Today we’re going to be reviewing Thyro-21 by 1st Phorm after hearing about this supplement on social media and elsewhere online.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest supplements to hit the market, so we were keen to find out a bit more about Thyro-21, which has something of a unique twist to it.
So, if you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about Thyro-21, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Despite being technically classified as a so-called ‘fat burner’ on the 1st Phorm website, Thyro-21 has been specially formulated to help with other things too.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
But is this product all it’s cracked up to be?
Our Thyro-21 review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to find out whether it deserves a place in our guide to the best fat burner supplements on the market at the moment.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula, the dosages and the customer reviews as we look to discover where this product ranks compared to other similar ones from other companies.
So, let’s kick off our review by looking at some of the basic facts about Thyro-21.
Thyro-21 – The Basics
As we’ve clearly already deduced, Thyro-21 is a supplement made by 1st Phorm which claims to bring a range of benefits.
1st Phorm are a US-based company currently headquartered in Missouri. At the time of writing, it appears that you can only buy their supplements direct from the official website, so you won’t find 1st Phorm products at other online stores such as Amazon, GNC or eBay.
According to the promotional material on the official 1st Phorm website, Thyro-21 will bring you a number of different and good-sounding benefits.
Thyro-21 is certainly something of a unique product in the sense that we have not come across many products that focus more than one benefit in the many supplements we’ve reviewed.
According to the official marketing material on the website, Thyro-21 claims to help support your goals on your journey.
As Thyro-21 doesn’t use Caffeine as a single ingredient, 1st Phorm claim that this supplement is “ideal” for people who are sensitive to Caffeine and other stimulants.
It all sounds promising, but we prefer not to pay too much attention to the marketing hype and instead focus on the important facts, such as the ingredients formula and dosages.
So, with that in mind, let’s move onto the next crucial section in our Thyro-21 review – the ingredients.
Let’s kick off this crucial part by looking at the actual ingredients label of Thyro-21.
Firstly, we must admit that we were disappointed to see that 1st Phorm have chosen to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of some of the ingredients in this product.
This means that although we do know the full ingredients list, we don’t know the actual doses of most of the ingredients.
This is not ideal, as if we don’t know how much of each ingredient is in the supplement, then it makes it incredibly hard to judge the effectiveness.
We generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, because we feel that there’s really no reason why a manufacturer can’t be fully transparent with their customers in this day and age.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in Thyro-21.
• Chromium – This is an essential mineral that we always like to see used in these kinds of supplements. As well as playing an important role in a number of bodily processes, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – An ingredient that we’re more used to seeing in some of the best pre workout supplements out there right now. It’s an amino acid which can bring a number of different benefits. A decent inclusion.
• Bacopa Monnieri – A herb that has been used in some traditional medicine around the world. It’s believed that supplementing with it could help with certain things.
• N-Acetyl-Tyrosine – A form of the amino acid Tyrosine. It’s sometimes found in pre workout supplements.
• Choline Bitartrate – This is an ingredient sometimes used in supplements. In case you didn’t know, Choline can contribute to normal lipid (fat) metabolism.
• Dimethylethanolamine – Also known as DMAE, this something of a rare ingredient in supplements like this. It’s claimed to have certain benefits. We are not totally convinced though.
• Ginkgo Biloba Extract – This is another herb which is sometimes found in supplements.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – A solid ingredient. Green Coffee Bean Extract is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. Many of the top products in this category contain some Green Coffee Bean Extract.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is an ingredient which is often marketed as being able to help with certain things. We are hoping to see more evidence in human studies to back up the claims.
• Organic Kelp – An extract from large brown algae seaweeds. Kelp is thought to be full of potentially beneficial nutrients.
• Advantra Z Extract – This is a branded form of Bitter Orange Extract. Also known as Synephrine, it may have some benefits. However, we are not too keen on it and would have preferred to see something better used in its place.
• Alpha Lipoic Acid – Something called a “mitochondrial compound”. It has been suggested that ALA could help with certain things and it is often combined with L-Carnitine in the same supplement, as is the case with Thyro-21.
• Diiodotyrosine – We have not come across this ingredient in too many supplements before.
The Thyro-21 formula is certainly interesting in that it contains a whole host of ingredients that we’re not used to seeing in similar supplements.
However, we feel that 1st Phorm could have upped their game with this supplement and used some other good ingredients, including:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Tea Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea extract are both great ingredients and are usually found in the top products in this category. It was a shame that neither made it into the Thyro-21 formula.
Black Pepper Extract, meanwhile, is a good ingredient and is usually found in small amounts in the top products in this category.
You can see our guide to the best five supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
At the time of writing, the only Thyro-21 reviews we found were on the official 1st Phorm website.
One person rated it five stars and said that they loved it because it helped to give them a boost and also keep them focused and alert.
However, one negative reviewer rated it one star and said that it gave them a “horrible stomach ache”, which doesn’t sound good.
What About Thyro-21 Side Effects?
It’s really important that you do some of your own research into the individual ingredients in any supplement you’re thinking about trying for the first time.
That means making sure that you’ve read up about each of the ingredients yourself.
It’s not ideal that 1st Phorm use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients, as this can make it tricky to judge the effectiveness and potential side effects.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not in our opinion. Thyro-21 certainly has a unique approach, but we must say that we were disappointed that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients used.
We feel that there are some better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a supplement in this category.
Remember to check out our guide below for the latest recommendations.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that you should always make sure that you’re training hard and sticking to a healthy diet before considering using any supplement.
That means ensuring that you’re eating a healthy and balanced diet, and exercising regularly first.
Many people misunderstand what supplements are supposed to do. They must be used in conjunction with a healthy overall lifestyle and support your goals and your journey.
Thyro-21 Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Thyro-21 review.
Overall, this is something of a unique supplement that’s been designed to do multiple things.
However, we were disappointed that 1st Phorm chose to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients used.
In summary, we feel that there are better options available elsewhere in this category.