Today we’re going to be reviewing Thyro-21 by 1st Phorm after hearing about this supplement on social media and elsewhere online.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest fat loss and fat burner supplements to hit the market, so we were keen to find out a bit more about Thyro-21, which has something of a unique twist to it.
So, if you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about Thyro-21, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Despite being technically classified as a ‘fat burner’ on the 1st Phorm website, Thyro-21 has been specially formulated to help deliver the ingredients that your body needs to produce thyroid hormone.
But is this product all it’s cracked up to be?
Our Thyro-21 review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to find out whether it deserves a place in our guide to the best fat burner supplements on the market at the moment.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula, the dosages and the customer reviews as we look to discover where this product ranks compared to other similar ones from other companies.
So, let’s kick off our review by looking at some of the basic facts about Thyro-21.
Thyro-21 – The Basics
As we’ve clearly already deduced, Thyro-21 is a supplement made by 1st Phorm which claims to bring a range of benefits. The main one is that it claims to deliver what your body needs to produce thyroid hormone.
1st Phorm are a US-based company currently headquartered in Missouri. At the time of writing, it appears that you can only buy their supplements direct from the official website, so you won’t find 1st Phorm products at other online stores such as Amazon, GNC or eBay.
According to the promotional material on the official 1st Phorm website, Thyro-21 will bring the following benefits:
• Boosts Natural Metabolic Rate
• Increases Caloric Expenditure
• Balances Thyroid Hormone Production
• Promotes Fat Loss
Thyro-21 is certainly something of a unique product in the sense that we have not come across many products that focus on thyroid hormone in the many supplements we’ve reviewed.
According to the official marketing material on the website, Thyro-21 claims to both balance thyroid levels and also increase your metabolism and energy as well.
As Thyro-21 doesn’t use Caffeine as a single ingredient, 1st Phorm claim that this supplement is “ideal” for people who are sensitive to Caffeine and other stimulants.
It all sounds promising, but we prefer not to pay too much attention to the marketing hype and instead focus on the important facts, such as the ingredients formula and dosages.
So, with that in mind, let’s move onto the next crucial section in our Thyro-21 review – the ingredients.
Let’s kick off this crucial part by looking at the actual ingredients label of Thyro-21.
Firstly, we must admit that we were disappointed to see that 1st Phorm have chosen to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of some of the ingredients in this product.
This means that although we do know the full ingredients list, we don’t know the actual doses of most of the ingredients.
This is not ideal, as if we don’t know how much of each ingredient is in the supplement, then it makes it incredibly hard to judge the effectiveness.
We generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, because we feel that there’s really no reason why a manufacturer can’t be fully transparent with their customers in this day and age.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in Thyro-21.
• Chromium – This is an essential mineral that we always like to see used in fat burner supplements. As well as playing an important role in a number of bodily processes, Chromium could also help to keep your appetite in check. Many people don’t get enough Chromium from their diets.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – An ingredient that we’re more used to seeing in some of the best pre workout supplements out there right now. It’s an amino acid which can help to boost exercise performance and cognition. A decent inclusion.
• Bacopa Monnieri – A nootropic herb that has been used in some traditional medicine around the world. It’s believed that supplementing with it could help to reduce anxiety and improve memory formation.
• N-Acetyl-Tyrosine – A form of the amino acid Tyrosine, which is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. It is believed to have anti-stress benefits.
• Choline Bitartrate – This is an ingredient sometimes used in supplements for either it’s brain-boosting properties, or its role as potentially helping to maintain a healthy liver.
• Dimethylethanolamine – Also known as DMAE, this something of a rare ingredient in fat burner supplements. It’s known as a “mind health compound” which could have brain boosting abilities.
• Ginkgo Biloba Extract – This is another herb which is commonly used to support brain health. There are suggestions that it could help to boost cognition in older people.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – A solid fat burner ingredient. Green Coffee Bean Extract is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. This substance has shown promise in helping to promote weight loss in some studies.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is an ingredient which is often marketed as a fat burning compound. We are hoping to see more evidence in human studies to back up this claim.
• Organic Kelp – An extract from large brown algae seaweeds. Kelp is full of essential vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of Iodine, which is a mineral for Thyroid function.
• Advantra Z Extract – This is a branded form of Bitter Orange Extract. Also known as Synephrine, it may have benefits when it comes to digestion and circulation. It is thought to work by increasing your metabolic rate.
• Alpha Lipoic Acid – Something called a “mitochondrial compound” which is involved in energy metabolism. It has been suggested that ALA could help with weight loss, and it is often combined with L-Carnitine in the same supplement, as is the case with Thyro-21.
• Diiodotyrosine – This is a precursor (meaning that your body converts it into another substance) in the production of thyroid hormone. This is presumably one of the main ingredients in Thyro-21 to help support healthy Thyroid levels.
The Thyro-21 formula is certainly interesting in that it contains a whole host of ingredients that we’re not used to seeing in fat loss supplements.
However, we feel that 1st Phorm could have upped their game with this supplement and used some other good fat burner ingredients, including:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Tea Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea extract are both great ingredients for helping to speed up your metabolism and get your body burning more fat. Cayenne has also shown promise at being able to suppress appetite, which could make sticking to your diet easier.
Black Pepper Extract, meanwhile, is great for boosting the absorption of certain ingredients in your body, which can make for a more effective supplement.
You can see our guide to the best fat loss supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
At the time of writing, the only Thyro-21 reviews we found were on the official 1st Phorm website.
One person rated it five stars and said that they loved it because it helped to improve their metabolism and also keep them focused and alert.
However, one negative reviewer rated it one star and said that it gave them a “horrible stomach ache”, which doesn’t sound good.
What About Thyro-21 Side Effects?
It’s really important that you do some of your own research into the individual ingredients in any supplement you’re thinking about trying for the first time.
That means making sure that you’ve read up about each of the ingredients yourself.
It’s not ideal that 1st Phorm use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients, as this can make it tricky to judge the effectiveness and potential side effects.
Is This The Best Fat Burner For Me?
Not in our opinion. Thyro-21 certainly has a unique approach, but we must say that we were disappointed that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients used.
We feel that there are some better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a fat loss supplement.
Remember to check out our guide below for the latest recommendations.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that you should always make sure that you’re training hard and sticking to a healthy diet before considering using any supplement.
That means ensuring that you’re eating a healthy and balanced diet, and exercising regularly first.
Many people misunderstand what supplements are supposed to do. They must be used in conjunction with a healthy overall lifestyle in order to be effective.
Thyro-21 Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Thyro-21 review.
Overall, this is something of a unique supplement that’s been designed to support healthy Thyroid hormone levels.
However, we were disappointed that 1st Phorm chose to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients used.
In summary, we feel that there are better options available elsewhere in this category.