Skinny PM is a nighttime fat burner supplement made by Rockstar which claims to help you achieve your weight loss goals by working while you sleep.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest fat loss supplements to hit the market, and we like to see products that have been specifically formulated for women.
Generally speaking, most of the fat loss supplements and diet pills on the market these days tend to be geared and marketed towards men – or both genders.
However, there are a select few fat burners and diet pills which have been specifically formulated for women, and Skinny PM is one of them.
The purpose of this Skinny PM review is for us to take a close look at this fat loss product from all angles as we look to see where it stands in relation to the top fat burner supplements on the market right now.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the dosages as we look to determine where this supplement stands.
So, let’s kick off our review by taking a closer look at the basic facts about this supplement.
Rockstar Skinny PM – The Basics
So, we’ve already deduced that Skinny PM is a non-stimulant fat loss supplement for women that’s designed to be taken at night.
This certainly makes it somewhat unique, as most of the supplements in this category contain at least some stimulants which can help to boost your energy levels even if you’re cutting back on the calories.
At the time of writing, Skinny PM is available to buy on Amazon and the official Rockstar website. It costs $29.95 for a bottle.
The official marketing material on the website says that Skinny PM is “jam packed with powerful ingredients” to help give your body the fuel it needs to speed up fat loss.
It says that it uses ingredients picked specifically because they can help women to “burn fat fast without stimulants”.
Here is a summary of the claimed benefits of Skinny PM:
• Female Fat Burner Supplement
• Appetite Suppressant
The listing on Amazon also claims that Skinny PM is an “appetite suppressant” and “carb blocker”.
Generally speaking, we prefer not to pay too much attention to the marketing hype surrounding supplements. Instead, it’s better to focus on important things such as the ingredients formula and customer reviews.
So, with that in mind, let’s now start taking a closer look at the Skinny PM ingredients formula to see what this supplement is really made of.
Let’s begin this part by looking closely at the actual Rockstar Skinny PM ingredients label, as printed on the bottle.
It’s disappointing to see that Rockstar have chosen to hide the doses of some of the ingredients in this supplement in a proprietary blend.
This is not ideal, as it means that we don’t know exactly how much of each ingredient is used in the blend, and that makes it tough to assess the likely effectiveness.
We generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as there really isn’t any reason why a manufacturer can’t be totally transparent with their customers in this day and age.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in Skinny PM. It’s a long list, but we’ve picked out the most important ones.
• African Mango – Also known as Irvingia Gabonensis, this is an extract from the seed of the plants from the same name. It is marketed as a fat loss ingredient, but the human evidence to support this is not very convincing.
• Biotin – Also known as Vitamin B7, this is an essential nutrient your body needs to function properly. It is generally marketed as being beneficial for healthy hair, skin, and nails.
• Garcinia Cambogia – Studies done on this fruit in humans have hinted at potential fat loss benefits. The good news is that this ingredient is not part of the proprietary blend.
• Alpha Lipoid Acid – Also known as ALA, this is something called a “mitochondrial compound” which is involved in energy metabolism. It has potent antioxidant effects and has potential anti-aging benefits.
• Hoodia Gordonii – This is claimed to be an appetite suppressing ingredient. However, the evidence to support this is not great, and it could even be mildly toxic (more research is needed here).
• Raspberry Ketone – This is a molecule which comes from raspberries which is marketed as a fat burning compound. In high doses, it could have a fat burning effect.
• Black Raspberry – We’ve not come across this ingredient in too many fat burner supplements before. It’s believed to have antioxidant effects.
• Turmeric – A spice commonly found in curries. The main bioactive substance is Curcumin, which has a number of benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties.
• Ginkgo Biloba – This is a herb which is commonly used as a supplement for brain health. It is thought that it could be able to boost cognition in older people, although more research is needed.
• Milk Thistle – A herb which contains a few active ingredients known as Silymarins. It is most well known for helping to support a healthy liver.
• Bacopa Monnieri – This is a herb which is commonly used in Nootropic supplements to boost brain health. It could help to reduce anxiety and improve memory formation.
• Beet Root – This is a supplement with a high nitrate content which could help to boost athletic performance by raising Nitric Oxide levels.
• Dandelion Root – This is an ingredient which can have a diuretic effect, meaning you’ll have to pee more often. We’re not sure this is a great idea for a nighttime supplement. It’s also a good source of potassium.
• L-Glutamine – An amino acid which is claimed to help reduce sugar cravings. However, the evidence supporting this is limited.
• Ashwagandha – A herb which is commonly used in traditional Indian medicine. It is touted for its anti-anxiety benefits, and it may also enhance athletic performance.
As you can see, the Skinny PM ingredients formula is a pretty lengthy one. There are some decent inclusions such as Turmeric, Alpha Lipoid Acid and Milk Thistle.
However, we can’t help but feel that Rockstar have missed out some important ingredients for a fat burner, namely:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Tea Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne Pepper is a great ingredient for boosting your metabolism and also suppressing appetite at the same time.
Green Tea is another good thermogenic ingredient, while Black Pepper Extract can help to boost the absorption of certain ingredients in the body (especially the Curcumin in Turmeric in this case).
You can see our updated guide to the best fat burner supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Rockstar Skinny PM Reviews
We did some digging to uncover some Skinny PM reviews on Amazon. At the time of writing, there were 27 reviews and it had an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
One happy customer claimed that Skinny PM ‘definitely’ worked and that they had seen good results taking alongside the Skinny Gal fat burner supplement.
However, one upset customer rated it one star and warned others not to ‘waste’ their money, as it caused them stomach problems.
What About Skinny PM Side Effects?
It’s really important that you do some of your own research into the individual ingredients before taking any new supplement for the first time.
That means making sure that you’ve carefully checked the label and read up on the substances used before trying it.
One ingredient we were particularly concerned about in Skinny PM was Hoodia Gordonii, which could apparently be mildly toxic. We recommend looking into this further before trying this supplement.
It’s always best to do your own research into the ingredients before trying a new supplement.
Is This The Best Fat Burner For Me?
We don’t currently rate Skinny PM as one of the best fat burners on the market right now.
It’s missing too many important ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract.
It does have some decent ingredients such as Turmeric and B Vitamins, but it’s not up there with the very best products in this category.
Remember to check out our fat burner guide by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that a fat burner supplement or diet pill will not do the hard work for you.
These supplements are designed to be used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle. That means making sure that you’re training hard and eating right before considering adding any supplement to your regimen.
Skinny PM Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Rockstar Skinny PM review.
Overall, we were not that impressed by this supplement. It has some decent ingredients, but we feel that it’s let down badly by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and is also missing some important things such as Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract.
Simply put, there are other better options on the market right now in our opinion.